The WNY Ford Dealers were proud to be the local presenting sponsor at the 14th Annual Western New York Race for the Cure, which took place on Saturday, June 14th at Delaware Park. A heartfelt thank you is extended to all of the survivors, walkers, runners, volunteers, sponsors and donors for their participation in this year’s race which featured over 4,400 participants!
Each year, Race for the Cure plays a crucial role in saving lives, with the majority of funds invested in local early detection, treatment and research programs. Locally, this year’s Race raised over $400,000. Up to 75 percent of the proceeds from the Race will remain in the Western New York community to fund projects related to breast health education and breast cancer screening. The remaining 25 percent of proceeds will support the Komen National Research Grant Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research. Nationally, Ford Motor Company has dedicated more than $125 million in donations and in-kind gifts to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, with support from more than 75,000 Ford employees and thousands of dealers.
We hope you’ll join us next year as we continue to support the fight to eradicate breast cancer.